Helmet Fitting Guide
To help you choose the best motorcycle helmet for you, we've provided you with a series of steps below to ensure proper motorcycle helmet fit.
- Utilize a motorcycle helmet manufacturer's fitting chart and measuring tape.
- Find the corresponding motorcycle helmet size category: small, medium, large, extra large.
- Widen the helmet by tugging chin straps outward and place it over your head.
- Keep in mind that the helmet should fit snugly and comfortably on your head.
- Make sure the helmet rests tightly against your forehead--you should not be able to wedge your thumb between the helmet and your forehead.
- Adjust and fasten the chin strap, but don't allow it to cinch your neck.
- Give your head a shake to ensure that the helmet does not shift around or slide off your head.
- Mount your motorcycle in riding position--the top of the helmet should not affect your vision. Along with clear vertical vision, you should have 100% vision to your left and right (motorcycle helmet manufacturers are required by law to account for lateral vision).
- If you wear glasses while riding, make sure the helmet fits properly over and around them.
- Press down on the top of the motorcycle helmet. Hold it down and make certain the helmet feels comfortable and surrounds your whole head.
- Lastly, check for all additional comfort, convenience and motorcycle helmet safety features before taking your motorcycle for a ride.